Saturday, June 21, 2008

Liberty Classic Spring 2008




Saturday, June 14th was our Spring Liberty Classic. We had all of our current classes come together to compete at a cheerleading competition. It was a great day!

Our new Belles squads performed for the first time before several hundred spectators. Our Angels (the special needs program we began in Maple Valley) performed for the first time together too. I WAS SO PROUD of the efforts each young lady made.

One little girl (who is only 4) was tearful just before her performance. With encouragement from mom and coach she braved the performance floor. Through her tears she began her dance and by the end was smiling and confident. I know each time she performs she will learn to overcome the anxiety and embrace courage. Each time will be easier.

My hope is that each of the girls who performed on Saturday will recall that process, overcoming anxiety and embracing courage, throughout their lives. That is the crux of my business!

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. " Philippians 4:13 (NKJV)

Pictures coming soon...

3 comments:

Peggy said...

Kindra,
So glad you found my site and I found yours. It certainly does seem like we have a lot in common! God bless you, your family, and your ministry. I was so blessed to read about the Angels.

Anonymous said...

Kindra,
I am so glad I finally found a cheersquad that had christian people involved in it like yourslef. My 5 year old loves to cheer. She is going to 2 cheer camps this summer and would like to cheer with the Liberty Belles. I called the Maple Valley parks and rec.

Anonymous said...

Great work.