Tuesday, September 01, 2009

First day of...

The 1st of September. The end of summer and the beginning of so many things. Tomorrow my oldest son will start High School! I cannot hardly believe this day is here. I am so grateful for the man that he is and for the faith and integrity he has and maybe for all that he has taught me over the last 14 years. It has been a long road, he was a WILD little boy, which makes me treasure him even more.

September is also the start of competition season for Liberty Belles. Coach Rosie and I finished up making a practice video this evening after working until 1:00am the night before. This is the longest and most difficult routine we have put together. The music is the cleanest we have ever done and the stunting more aggressive.

This is the season of new beginnings, new adventures and new expectations. I believe that my son is going to turn a corner in school this year. I believe that my cheerleaders are going to make a sharp right turn this year and also increase exponentially in their skill level, commitment, physical strength and team work.

This is the time for something new - I can't wait!

No comments: