Monday, March 10, 2008

Belles Season Ends

This past Saturday the Belles junior level 2 squad met for our last practice as an intact team. Our last competition of the season will be Saturday March 15, 2008 at the Galaxy Challenge. Coach Rose and I watched this group of girls interact on Saturday with such pride. We had the girls perform the competition routine in small groups of 5-7. It was under this level of scrutiny that I noticed how much each of them had achieved during this season.

One particular girl danced nearly alone in her small group. She smiled and gave it her all as she danced in front of the rest of the squad. I recalled during her tryout a year ago how she would only look at the floor in front of her and how she would bite her lower lip. I was amazed at her showmanship on Saturday. She made eye contact with her audience and smiled while she danced. This is VICTORY in my eyes!

I am so grateful to be a part of each girl's life if only for a short while. More than the competition, I LOVE this part of coaching. More than any awards, the achievements that each girl made this year are so valuable. I hope they cherish the achievements as I cherish being a spectator to the process.

No comments: