Monday, May 12, 2008

Who are we?

This past Saturday, our Youth and Junior Belles were having a hoo-hum practice. Spring fever? Actual fever? Fear? Ambivalence? I wasn't sure and my patience level was waning quickly. So we sat the girls down and explained our purpose as coaches - to help them accomplish something difficult through practice and preparation. Simple. I then asked the girls to shout out a list of 5 things that describes The Belles, they came up with the following, much longer list. If I didn't know before, I do know now - they are BRILLIANT young ladies.

Belles Are:
  1. Respectful
  2. Strong physically and in spirit
  3. Kind
  4. Hard workers at home and at practice
  5. Courageous
  6. Obedient
  7. Good examples
  8. Make good choices (smart)
  9. Modest
  10. Leaders
  11. Friends
  12. Fun

Well, out of the mouths of babes our vision is established... I just love this thing called coaching!

No comments: